The ideal candidate would be competent to assist with the implementation of standardized plant health and safety programs to ensure compliance with corporate health and safety policies and state and federal regulations. The successful candidate will impact corporate savings through elimination of occupational injuries/illnesses, environmental compliance non-conformances, and property damage, and the improvement of production efficiency as well as safeguarding the health and safety of all employees. Candidate should also be prepared to assist in implementing OHS processes through World Class Manufacturing (WCM) methodology and advising plant leadership of their scope, purpose and impact on plant operations.
- Participate with the WCM Safety Pillar and implementation of OHS training programs and training assessments to ensure required training is identified and conducted.
- Help conduct regular audits of OHS processes and necessary follow up to ensure compliance and advise plant leadership and corporate OHS staff of findings.
- Learn to analyze injury/illness experience, identify/track injury correlation, determine root causes, establish corrective action measures and communicate this information to plant leadership and corporate OHS.
- Help ensure proper PPE, safety devices, ergonomic and environmental equipment is available and used in appropriate manner.
- Assist with OHS projects to improve key performance metrics.
- Assist with ISO and OSHA certifications, regulations and requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Health and Safety or related field.
- Experience in Health and Safety Compliance in a manufacturing environment.
- Basic understanding of federal and state OSHA regulations and requirements.
- Working skills in Microsoft Office Suite; Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter capable of seeking out and helping to implement process improvement opportunities in an industrial environment.
- CSP certification or ability to sit for CSP certification within a given time frame.
- Ability to collaboratively implement and sustain effective safety programs.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments at the same time and follow projects to completion.
- Willing to work additional hours as required.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, writing, presentation management and facilitation skills.
- Strong strategic planning and change management skills.
- Excellent people skills including conflict resolution.
We offer an excellent compensation and complete benefit program in a supportive work environment. Our global commitment to technological advancement offers opportunities for personal growth and development.