Provide production support by performing setup, troubleshooting and operations of automated welding cells within a production facility, as well as implementing best practices and proactively assessing robotic welding applications.
- Change over process of stationary welders, change out cells, automated cells and cell startup
- Change out fixture preventative maintenance
- Basic welding technology troubleshooting (i.e., properly adjust sensors or switches, resistance spot welding applications, weld tip inspection, tip force, shunt cable inspection/replacement, etc.)
- GMAW component knowledge and troubleshooting (i.e., nozzle, tip, diffuser inspection, inspection/replacement of gooseneck, welding torch, etc.)
- Troubleshoot proximity switch issues
- Basic cell resets (i.e., Homing cell, robot, and tooling)
- Follow all safety procedures and protocols
- Mentor and support trainees
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Basic mechanical knowledge
- Strong understanding of welding processes including weld fixture adjustment process, resistance welding, projection welding, GMAW welding, acetylene torch usage
- Strong understanding of basic automation such as touch up points, home a robot, add/delete a line, upload/backup a program, teach a circle weld, etc.
- Knowledge of types, uses, and setup of common sensors
- Ability to read and interpret job element sheets
- Ability to navigate teach pendant or flex pendant
- Ability to manually manipulate a robot or external axes
- Working knowledge of a variety of gages (functional, go/no go) and hand measuring tools (volt meters, micrometers, calipers, tape measures)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills required
- PC and keyboard/mouse skills required
- Takes positive action to objectively resolve conflict by listening, staying focused on issue to find resolution, and monitoring progress. Maintains positive relationships by constructively resolving conflicts.
- Works collaboratively with others using feedback to continuously improve performance and work relationships sharing information and knowledge freely.
- Moves within own and/or other work areas (flexes) to support plant flow. Works with sense of urgency to meet needs of customers.
- Has ability to focus on benefits of change and see it as positive; approaches change or newness in constructive/objective manner; views change as a learning opportunity.
- Excellent time management skills. Reliability is critical in this role as is ensuring coverage when absence is unavoidable.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Successful completion of Weld Tech curriculum
- 2 year minimum experience with automated welding applications
- Experience with Fanuc robots
- Must have and maintain necessary experience, skills, and knowledge to perform and rotate through all aspects of job responsibilities.